Membership in the Ohio Dental Association has many benefits designed not only to help you in your daily practice but also to further the development of the dental profession. As an ODA member, you have access to valuable tools, discounts, knowledge, services, support, and resources to help you be successful in your practice and provide the best available treatment to your patients.
As a member of the Ohio Dental Association, you’re joining together with 5,000+ member dentists to create a collective voice. We represent nearly 70% of Ohio’s dentists, which gives us power when we advocate on your behalf to protect dentistry from unnecessary government and third-party interference. Your commitment to organized dentistry only increases the odds of success.
Each year, ODA leaders, lobbyists, and legal counsel track dozens of bills and numerous regulations that impact the practice of dentistry. We work to:
- Protect against unnecessary government intrusion.
- Fight unfair insurance practices and frivolous lawsuits.
- Improve access to quality, comprehensive dental care.
- Promote office efficiency.
We represent your best interests when speaking to third-parties such as:
- State policymakers
- Insurance companies and third-party payers
- Regulatory agencies
From regulatory compliance and legal updates to insurance issues and opinion pieces, the ODA is your best resource for information related to dentistry in Ohio.
We track the most important information for your dental practice and provide updates via the following sources:
- The “ODA Today” is mailed to members each month and can be accessed online by clicking here.
- NewsBites is emailed to members on a monthly basis.
- ODCAST: The Ohio Dental Podcast discusses the latest information related to the ODA and dentistry in Ohio. Click here to listen.
- We share regular updates via social media.
You can also find information about the following topics on our website, to name a few:
ODA staff members are available to answer your questions.
Our expert staff is here to help answer questions about your dental practice. Whether you have a question about regulatory compliance or legal issues, insurance companies and third-party payers, or something else, our experienced staff will be able to answer your question or direct you to the appropriate source. If you have a question, call the ODA at 800-282-1526, visit our staff directory, contact us via the ODA website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help.
We offer you access to CE opportunities.
The ODA Annual Session features continuing education opportunities for you and your entire dental team. Nationally known, high-quality speakers provide unique educational courses in multiple formats, including dynamic lectures, hands-on techniques courses and interactive discussion panels. And, members can register at a discounted rate and save on courses!
Save time and money with our endorsed products and discounts.
The ODA Services Corp. researches products and services for dental offices and secures reduced rates for members, saving you time and money. When you use an ODA-endorsed product, you know you’re getting a high-quality product that has been tested by dentists like you. Plus, ODA Services Corp. representatives are available by phone and email to help you out by calling (800) 282-1526 or emailing email@example.com.
Our endorsed products and services include:
- Dental supplies and equipment
- Health benefits for you and your staff
- Insurance products
- Practice management products
We provide resources for you and your practice.
- Watch our free online opioid CE course to meet the Ohio State Dental Board’s requirement to complete two hours of continuing education on opioid prescribing and related issues.
- Download our regulatory compliance guide to help ensure you are in compliance with Ohio regulations.
- Search our Jobs & Ads Board, or place an advertisement.
- Download employment posters for your office, free for ODA members!
- Download the ODA Member Logo to showcase your Ohio Dental Association membership.
- Visit our Resource Library, which contains information related to practice management, regulatory compliance, legal questions, and more.
We help you connect with like-minded dentists from across the state.
- The ODA and local component dental societies host social events and meetings throughout the year where dentists can meet colleagues from around the state and in their local community.
- Visit our events calendar for details on upcoming events, or contact your local dental society about attending a meeting.
We can help you get involved in your community to improve access to dental care.
- Give Kids A Smile: We can help you plan a free care event to help kids in need. We provide product support, volunteer CE slips, and promotional materials.
- Volunteer Connection: Find opportunities to volunteer in your area and receive volunteer CE credits.
- ODA Foundation: The ODA Foundation is committed to improving the oral health of the citizens of Ohio and enhancing the dental profession in Ohio by giving grants to community programs that provide dental care to those in need, and scholarships to dental students.
We’re working to help get new patients into your office.
All members are listed on the ADA’s Find a Dentist search feature, where patients can search by geography, dental benefit plans and specialty. Over the past several years, we have been airing radio advertising campaigns across the state that highlight the importance of going to a dentist who is a member of the ODA and direct consumers to the ADA Find a Dentist search feature.
Membership Benefits News & Resources
To download the posters, visit oda.org/member-resources/employment-posters/. These posters are only available to ODA … [continue reading]
The ODA member logo can be used by dentists on their websites, electronic communications and e-newsletters to highlight their membership in the ODA.
To download the member logo, visit www.oda.org/member-center/news-media/oda-logo/. After logging in and … [continue reading]
After a difficult 2020, the Ohio Dental Association has a lot in store for 2021. As 2021 kicks off, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as well as regulations in Ohio that … [continue reading]