Subcouncil on Dentists Concerned for Dentists
The subcouncil on Dentists Concerned for Dentists (DCD) serves to provide help and direction to chemically impaired dentists. DCD is charged with acting as the facilitator for a dentist with a drug or alcohol problem. Dentists Concerned for Dentists will help an impaired dentist get into a state board approved treatment facility.
Anyone who would like to utilize the services of Dentists Concerned for Dentists or who has questions or concerns may call the ODA at (614) 486-2700 or email email@example.com.
ADA Health and Wellness Resources
Find effective resources for taking care of yourself and your staff on the American Dental Association’s website.
- COVID-19 mental health resources to help you take care of your mental and physical wellness.
- ADA Accelerator series to help you achieve your goals and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Mental health resources including articles, podcasts, guides and handbooks.
- Opioid prescribing information.
- Ergonomics information for dental offices.
If you are experiencing severe anxiety or depression, please consider contacting one of these helplines:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- Ohio Crisis Text Line: Text the keyword “4HOPE” to 741 741
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services help line: 1-877-275-6364 (to find resources in your community)