The ODA Foundation is proud to have awarded more than $1.5 million in grants and scholarships since 1995 thanks to the generous support of our donors. Through grants and scholarships, the ODA Foundation helps decrease the cost of dental education for future dentists and increases access to dental care by supporting community oral health programs in Ohio.
Learn about available opportunities and view our 2019 scholarship and grant awards below.
Applications for Scholarships & Grants
2019 Scholarship & Grant Awards
In 2019, 15 scholarships were awarded to dental and auxiliary students.
The Foundation also awards three memorial scholarships:
- The Darryl Dever Advocacy Scholarship is awarded annually to one dental student who embodies the advocacy spirit of Darryl Dever, the ODA’s longtime lobbyist.
- The Forward Ever Scholarship is awarded annually in memory of Dr. R. E. “Jim” Snelson to one dental student who exemplifies leadership in organized dentistry.
- The Dr. E. Karl Schneider II Humanitarian Scholarship is awarded annually starting in 2017 to one dental student who shows the highest commitment to improving the community through his or her humanitarian efforts. Dr. Schneider was the ODA Foundation’s chairman when he passed away in 2017.
Amount for Scholarships
Awarded in 2019
Foundation Grant Recipients
2019 access to care grants were awarded to organizations which improve access to dental care in Ohio.
Grants Awarded to:
- AxessPointe Community Health
- Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
- Children’s Oral Health Network
- Good Neighbor House
- Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation for Good Samaritan Free Health Center
- Grace Clinics of Ohio
- Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission
- Lake County Free Clinic
- Lifecare Family Health & Dental Center
- Miami County Dental Clinic
- Open M Free Clinic
- Physicians CareConnection
- Stark State College
- Viola Startzman Clinic
Amount for Grants
Awarded in 2019
To learn more about available scholarship and grants, eligibility, or issues with the application format, contact the ODA Foundation at 614-486-2700 or via email below.