The ODA Foundation is proud to have awarded more than $1.5 million in grants and scholarships since 1995 thanks to the generous support of our donors. Through grants and scholarships, the ODA Foundation helps decrease the cost of dental education for future dentists and increases access to dental care by supporting community oral health programs in Ohio.
Learn about available opportunities and view our 2022 scholarship and grant awards below.
Applications for Scholarships & Grants
2022 Scholarship & Grant Awards
In 2022, eight scholarships were awarded to dental students.
The Foundation also awards three memorial scholarships:
- The Darryl Dever Advocacy Scholarship is awarded annually to one dental student who embodies the advocacy spirit of Darryl Dever, the ODA’s longtime lobbyist.
- The Forward Ever Scholarship is awarded annually in memory of Dr. R. E. “Jim” Snelson to one dental student who exemplifies leadership in organized dentistry.
- The Dr. E. Karl Schneider II Humanitarian Scholarship is awarded annually starting in 2017 to one dental student who shows the highest commitment to improving the community through his or her humanitarian efforts. Dr. Schneider was the ODA Foundation’s chairman when he passed away in 2017.
Foundation Grant Recipients
2022 access to care grants were awarded to organizations which improve access to dental care in Ohio.
Grants Awarded to:
- Center Street Community Health Center
- Embracing Futures
- Lower Lights Christian Health Center
Grants and Scholarships Awarded Over