The ODA Foundation is proud to have awarded more than $1.5 million in grants and scholarships since 1995 thanks to the generous support of our donors. Through grants and scholarships, the ODA Foundation helps decrease the cost of dental education for future dentists and increases access to dental care by supporting community oral health programs in Ohio.
Applications for Scholarships & Grants
Learn about and apply for scholarships through the ODA Foundation.
The 2023 scholarship application period is currently closed.
Learn about available grants through the ODA Foundation.
The 2023 grant proposal period is currently closed.
2023 Scholarship & Grant Awards
In 2023, six scholarships were awarded to dental students.
The Foundation also awards three memorial scholarships:
- The Darryl Dever Advocacy Scholarship is awarded annually to one dental student who embodies the advocacy spirit of Darryl Dever, the ODA’s longtime lobbyist.
- The Forward Ever Scholarship is awarded annually in memory of Dr. R. E. “Jim” Snelson to one dental student who exemplifies leadership in organized dentistry.
- The Dr. E. Karl Schneider II Humanitarian Scholarship is awarded annually starting in 2017 to one dental student who shows the highest commitment to improving the community through his or her humanitarian efforts. Dr. Schneider was the ODA Foundation’s chairman when he passed away in 2017.
Foundation Grant Recipients
2023 access to care grants were awarded to organizations which improve access to dental care in Ohio.
Grants Awarded to:
- Abigail Wexner Research Institute
- Care Alliance Health Center
- Eastern Gateway Community College
- Good Neighbor House
Grants and Scholarships Awarded Over