TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND ODA ANNUAL SESSION
The 2022 ODA Annual Session is Sept. 15-17 in Columbus at the Greater Columbus Convention Center and the Hilton Columbus Downtown Hotel.
Register at www.oda.org by Aug. 1 to receive an early bird discount!
Here are the top five reasons why you and your team don’t want to miss the 2022 ODA Annual Session.
Take required CE courses
The ODA Annual Session will feature several CE courses to meet requirements for the entire dental team.
Required CE courses that will be offered in person include:
- “Opioid Use, Misuse, Abuse and Addiction: Appropriate Opioid and Non-Opioid Prescribing” presented by Dr. Harold L. Crossley from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Sept. 16. This course meets the Ohio State Dental Board (OSDB) requirement of continuing education in opioid prescribing and addiction awareness. Course Code: F26.
- “Silver Diamine Fluoride and Other New Advancements in Caries Control: The Newest Tools in Preventing Caries in a Post-Pandemic World” presented by Dr. Jeremy Horst Keeper, Judy Bendit, RDH, BS, and Hayley Buckner, RDH, BS from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Sept. 16. This combined workshop and lecture meets the OSDB’s requirement for Dental Hygienists and EFDA’s to place Silver Diamine Fluoride. Course Code F29 and F44.
- “Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: Strategies for the Dental Team” presented by Dr. Larry J. Sangrik from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Sept. 17. This course meets the OSDB’s criteria for dental hygienists and general supervision. Course Code S52.
- “Healthcare Provider BLS Certification” presented by Central Ohio CPR from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sept. 17. This course fulfills the Ohio State Dental Board’s CPR requirement for hygienists, expanded function dental auxiliaries, and dental assistants. For licensure and/or registration, hygienists and EFDAs must have proof of CPR certification. Course Code S53.
- “Best Practices for Digital Intra-Oral, Panoramic and CBCT Imaging:
Radiography Review for Dental Assistant Radiographers” presented by Dr. Anita Gohel from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Sept. 17. This course meets the 2-hour radiography review required by the OSDB for dental assistant radiographers. Course Code S58.
Required CE courses that will be offered online at no additional cost include:
- “Oral Health Access Supervision Program,” presented by Dr. Paul Casamassimo, Dr. Homa Amini, Dr. Steve Beetstra, Dr. Janice Townsend, Dr. Erin Gross, Dr. Kimberly Hammersmith, Beth Noel, RDH, and Eric Richmond, Esq. This four part online series meets the Ohio State Dental Board’s educational requirement for dental hygienists to participate in the Oral Health Access Supervision Program (OHASP). Course Codes: O75, O76, O77, O78.
- “Managing Regulatory Compliance, OSHA and Staying out of Trouble” presented by Christopher A. Moore, MA. This online course fulfills the annual exposure control training requirement mandated by the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. Course Code: O80.
Excellent CE opportunities for all members of the dental team will be offered in person. Participation workshops will be a highlight of this year’s Annual Session with hands-on opportunities being offered by many of the featured lecturers including hard-to-find workshops directed specifically to hygienists and dental assistants.
Great value close to home
Dental staff members register for $35, and ODA/ADA members register for $99 until Aug. 1. On Aug. 2, the fees will be $45 for staff and $125 for member dentists.
- Attendance at the in-person Annual Session.
- Access to 18 hours of bonus online CE at no additional cost.
- Access to the Exhibit Hall.
- Access to ODATalks in the Exhibit Hall, which will be free interactive CE courses.
- Access to our free social events and Exhibit Hall events.
- Access to view and earn free CE at the Table Clinics.
- Chance to win door prizes.
New activities in the Exhibit Hall
This year’s Exhibit Hall will also feature several new special events and courses:
- ODATalks in the Exhibit Hall, which will be free interactive CE courses.
- Cuisine + Colleagues From Around The World – Experience food and beverages from different regions around the world throughout the Exhibit Hall, hosted by the ODA Subcouncil on Diversity and Inclusion. Thursday, Sept. 15 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Hops & Shops – Partake in free central Ohio craft beers and snacks hosted by participating exhibitors. Stop by the Table Clinics for additional free CE during this time. Friday, Sept. 16 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Dark Roast & Donuts – Enjoy coffee and donuts on us while you finish shopping in the Exhibit Hall. Saturday, Sept. 17 starting at 9 a.m.
More than 150 companies are expected to be on-site at the ODA Annual Session Exhibit Hall. Exhibit Hall Hours:
- Thursday, Sept. 15 from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 16 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Enjoy social events
Annual Session will feature social events where you can connect with your friends, colleagues and staff members from across the state.
This year’s special events include:
- Dinner with the Speakers on Thursday, Sept. 15.
- The New Dentist Social at Denmark on High on Thursday, Sept. 15.
- Morning yoga on Friday, Sept. 16.
- MATCH @ ODA Annual Session on Friday, Sept. 16.
- The Callahan Celebration of Excellence Honoring ODA President Dr. Thomas Kelly on Friday, Sept. 16.
- Night at the Columbus Clippers (minor league baseball) for dental students, dental residents and new dentists on Friday, Sept. 16 at beautiful Huntington Park.
- The Bash! featuring casino games, prizes and live music by Kyle Primous & the K-Street Band on Friday, Sept. 16.
Many dental offices enjoy attending Annual Session together! It gives them a chance to get out of the office and enjoy spending time together plus attend educational courses together. Some offices like to attend courses together, while others like to attend different courses and share what they’ve learned at their next team huddle.
Additionally, there are many great restaurants and fun activities to enjoy nearby the convention center as a team. Learn more at www.experience columbus.com.
Full details + Registration
Click here to register and for full information about the 2022 ODA Annual Session.