MEMBERSHIP IN THE ODA SUPPORTS YOUR PRACTICE, YOUR PROFESSION
Dedicated to Dentistry. Benefiting Dentists.
Membership in the Ohio Dental Association has many benefits designed not only to help you in your daily practice but also to further the development of the dental profession. As an ODA member, you have access to valuable tools, discounts, knowledge, services, support and resources to help you be successful in your practice and provide the best available treatment to your patients.
“Year after year ODA members tell us that advocacy is one of the most important membership benefits,” said Dr. Bruce Grbach, a past chair of ODPAC. “Through ODPAC and our advocacy efforts, the ODA strives to protect our members from undue regulation that would impact their practice of dentistry.”
Each year, ODA leaders, lobbyists and legal counsel track dozens of bills and numerous regulations that impact the practice of dentistry. We work to:
- Protect against unnecessary government intrusion.
- Fight unfair insurance practices and frivolous lawsuits.
- Improve access to quality, comprehensive dental care.
- Promote office efficiency.
We represent your best interests when speaking to third-parties such as state policymakers, insurance companies and third-party payers.
From regulatory compliance and legal updates to insurance issues and opinion pieces, the ODA is your best resource for information related to dentistry in Ohio.
As a member of the ODA, you have access to:
- The “ODA Today” and “NewsBites” with important information and updates for your dental practice.
- ODA staff members to answer your questions.
- Resources and information on the ODA website including a free online opioid CE course, regulatory compliance guide and a Jobs & Ads Board.
- Affordable CE opportunities.
“As a members of the ODA, we have access to high quality CE and networking opportunities during Annual Session,” said Dr. Lauren Czerniak, general chair of the 2023 ODA Annual Session. “No matter what stage you are in in your dental career, ODA Annual Session has something for everyone. Whether you’re taking a hands-on course from a nationally known speaker, participating in the MATCH event, or spending time on the Exhibit Hall floor, ODA members have many options to explore in September at Annual Session.”
- The ODA works hard to serve members. ODA services can help you:
- Connect with like-minded dentists from across the state.
- Get involved in your community to improve access to dental care.
- Get new patients into your office by listing you on ADA’s Find a Dentist search feature and airing radio advertising campaigns across the state that highlight the importance of going to a member dentist.
- Save time and money with endorsed products and discounts including dental supplies and equipment, health benefits for you and your staff and insurance products.
“The ODA Services Corp. offers goods and services to members at reduced prices,” said Dr. Sharon Parsons, chair of the ODA Services Corp. “The OhioDDS program, the group purchasing organization, offers members dental supplies and equipment at reduced cost. Many members have found that they saved more money per year on their supplies than they paid in dues. The ODA Wellness Trust offers group health benefits at competitive rates. These are just two of the many things that the ODA Services Corp. offers our members.”
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Renew your membership today to continue receiving access to our exclusive membership benefits. ODA membership dues are due Jan. 1, 2023 for the 2023 membership year.
We offer four easy ways to renew your membership:
- Online: www.oda.org/joinandrenew
- Fax: (614) 486-0381
- Mail: Ohio Dental Association, P.O. Box 734508 Chicago, IL 60673-4508
- Phone: (800) 282-1526