Looking for CE opportunities? Attend the 2019 ODA Annual Session
The 2019 ODA Annual Session features a variety of CE opportunities and special events designed especially for new dentists. Plus, new dentists receive a $50 discount on CE!
The 2019 ODA Annual Session is Oct. 3-6 in Columbus. ODA members who have been practicing for 10 years or less will receive a one-time $50 discount on any paid CE course they add to their registration.
Dental residents who are ADA members and dental students pay no registration fee and may attend any CE lecture course at no cost, space permitting. Posted fees for hands-on courses apply.
For the first time, the ODA Annual Session is bringing the Pankey Institute to Columbus. The Pankey Experience will feature a renowned group of Pankey Institute Faculty, offering a unique learning experience close to home.
Another new course is “Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management for DSO-Affiliated Dentists,” which will be offered on Saturday and Sunday mornings. This course will explore the challenges and opportunities facing employee dentists. ODA Executive Director David Owsiany and entrepreneur Dr. Mark Alexandrunas will present their perspectives on the ways that organized dentistry and DSOs complement each other. The fundamental responsibilities of licensed dentists will be discussed along with tips on practicing as an employee dentist. Click here for more details about the Saturday course and click here for more details about the Sunday course.
Other courses that new dentists may be interested in include:
- “Efficient Management of a Medicaid-based Practice” presented by the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) on Thursday, Oct. 4 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- “Fireside Chat: Cosmetic Dentistry” presented by Daniel H. Ward, DDS on Thursday, Oct. 4 from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- “How to Market on Google to Get New Patients” presented by Sean White and Kristi Simone on Friday, Oct. 4 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- “Dentistry’s Role in the Mass Disaster Scenario/Child Abuse and Intimate Partner Violence Recognition” presented by Anthony “Rick” Cardoza, DDS, D-ABFO on Friday, Oct. 4 from 2-5 p.m.
- “Fireside Chat: Restorative Possibilities” presented by Michael Fling, DDS on Friday, Oct. 4 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- “OAP Panel 2019” presented by Jason Stoner, DDS, MS; Scott Silverstein, DDS, MS; Roger Hess, DDS, MBA, MPA; Byron Wade, DDS on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- “Increase Profitability and Productivity in Today’s Dental Environment: A course designed for the New Dentist” presented by Laura Jamison on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 2-5 p.m.
- “Predictable Case Acceptance for Comprehensive Care” presented by Bradley Purcell, DDS on Sunday, Oct. 6 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
The ODA Annual Session also features several special events for new dentists and dental students.
Attend the New Dentist Social to meet up with classmates and colleagues while enjoying an open bar and appetizers. The New Dentist Social is Thursday, Oct. 3 from 9-11 p.m. at Denmark, a Euro-style Cocktail Bistro located across from the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Free for new dentists and their spouses, but registration is required with Event Code E93. Click here for more details.
Dental students and residents are also invited to a luncheon on Friday, Oct. 4 from 12-1 p.m. featuring an interactive panel discussion.
The ODA Subcouncil on New Dentists will also be hosting a job match event for those interested in selling or buying a dental practice, looking to become an associate or hire an associate. MATCH @ ODA Annual Session will be Friday, Oct. 4 from 1- 2 p.m. Click here for more information.
Dentists and their staff members also won’t want to miss The BASH! on Callahan’s rooftop patio – one of the most popular events of Annual Session. Entry is free with a badge, and attendees have access to a VIP area with a private cash bar. The BASH! will be held Friday, October 4 from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
In addition to CE and special events, Annual Session attendees have access to shop the most expansive Exhibit Hall in the area, with more than 200 vendors. Exhibit Hall special events include the Marketplace Mixer with the Madow Brothers from 4:30-6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 3; Sip & Shop from 4-6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 4; and Grab a Bite, Grab a Deal! from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5.
The ODA also has a limited number of Black Keys tickets available for Annual Session attendees. The Black Keys: Let’s Rock Tour will be in Columbus on Wednesday, Oct. 2. For more details or to purchase tickets, call the ODA at (800) 282-1526.