Experience the 2018 ODA Annual Session
The 2018 ODA Annual Session – More Engagement = More Achievement – is Sept. 13-16 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
“The more involved you are in organized dentistry, the more profitable your practices will be from everything that you learn when you’re involved with organized dentistry,” said Dr. Betsy Mueller, general chair of the 2018 ODA Annual Session. “So for me, being more engaged in dentistry will bring you more achievement.”
Shop the Exhibit Hall
The Exhibit Hall is rated by ODA Annual Session attendees as one of the top reasons they attend the meeting each year. The Exhibit Hall features more than 200 vendors, where attendees can comparison shop with the help of knowledgeable company representatives.
The Exhibit Hall also will feature special events throughout Annual Session, such as the Welcome Reception on Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m., Take a Break! on Friday from 3-4 p.m. and Tailgate! on Saturday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Exhibit Hall hours:
- Thursday, Sept. 13 from 12-6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 14 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 15 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
For those who only wish to shop in the Exhibit Hall, ODA Annual Session will feature a free Saturday Exhibits Only Pass on Sept. 15. Any dentist or staff can register in this category for no fee, but it does not include any advantage of other registration categories.
Attend “Howard Farran Uncensored”
Dr. Howard Farran will be doing a special LIVE Q and A session in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday, Sept. 13 from 5-6 p.m. Be sure to take advantage of this rare opportunity to see Farran up close and personal in this interactive discussion.
Don’t miss out on top-notch CE
The 2018 ODA Annual Session features nationally known speakers and CE for the entire dental team. Some courses are already sold out, but others still have seats available! Courses can be added online throughout Annual Session and at the on-site registration desk. Visit www.oda.org for information about what CE courses are still available.
Check out the Knowledge Bar
The Knowledge Bar will be a learning lab located in the Exhibit Hall where attendees can meet with a variety of companies in a non-sales, educational environment. Each day different topics will be highlighted with knowledgeable colleagues and product representatives to answer questions.
Knowledge Bar Schedule:
- Thursday, Sept. 13 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. – Digital Marketing and Patient Scheduling Products
- Friday, Sept. 14 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. – High Tech – 3D Printers and Scanners
- Saturday, Sept. 15 from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – ODASC Product Showcase
Visit the ODA Membership Booth
Stop by the ODA Membership Booth at the back of the Exhibit Hall, where dentists can update their Find-A-Dentist profile with help from ADA staff members and have a profile photo taken by a professional photographer. Information on all ODA programs, products and services is available, including helpful representatives from the ODA’s subsidiary, ODASC.
Download the 2018 ODA Annual Session App
The ODA Annual Session has a new and improved app! The Annual Session app includes:
- A full schedule of events
- CE course list and descriptions
- Speaker bios
- Exhibitor list
- Show specials from exhibitors
- Information about things to do around Columbus
- Directory of nearby restaurants
- Your personalized schedule
- CE slips
- Alerts with important updates
- And more!
Plan your trip to the ODA Annual Session
Confirm hotel reservations and make restaurant reservations at one or more of the excellent restaurant choices right outside of the convention center (for info on restaurants and things to do around Columbus, visit experiencecolumbus.com).
Be sure to download and/or print course handouts from www.oda.org, as materials are only available online.
Several parking garages are available nearby, and attendees can also reserve and pre-pay for parking in advance. For more details, visit www.oda.org/news-and-events/annual-session/ and click on “Directions & Parking.”
There are several ways to register for ODA Annual Session:
- Online at www.oda.org/news-and-events/annual-session/
- On-site at Annual Session – but be aware that the on-site registration fee is higher, so it is recommended that attendees register before Sept. 13 and then they can continue adding courses on-site at Annual Session.
On-site registration hours:
- Thursday, Sept. 13 from 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 14 from 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 15 from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 16 from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
And offices who register three staff will get the fourth staff registration free!
Follow the Ohio Dental Association on Facebook and Twitter
The ODA will be posting live updates throughout ODA Annual Session on Facebook and Twitter. Like the Ohio Dental Association Facebook page at facebook.com/ohiodentalassoc and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ohiodentalassoc. Tag the ODA in your photos and posts from Annual Session and use the hashtag #ODA2018AS.