Earn CE, visit Exhibit Hall at ODA Virtual Annual Session
The 2020 ODA Virtual Annual Session is now available! Dentists and team members can log in at their convenience until Dec. 31 to earn up to 28 hours of CE through 13 courses and visit the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
“In a year when everything looked different due to the pandemic, our 154th ODA Annual Session also looks different,” said Dr. Kyle Bogan, 2020 ODA Annual Session general chair. “In creating a virtual meeting to bridge the gap between now and when we hope to be with you in person next year, we were primarily focused on meeting the needs of our members to have quality continuing education for the entire team.”
The ODA Virtual Annual Session launched on Sept. 24. During the launch weekend, attendees could attend a live Virtual Cocktail Party with ODA President Dr. Sharon Parsons and Bogan. They could also play games for a chance to win prizes and chat live with company representatives in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.
The winners of the Game Board are:
- First place: Rajeshri Dalal, RDH, $500 Visa gift card.
- Second place: Amber Dalal, dental student $250 Visa gift card.
- Third place: Dr. Randall Brannon, $100 Visa gift card.
“We are thrilled with the response and the virtual ‘participation’ in this year’s meeting and hope that everyone continues to access the recorded CE that is available,” Bogan said. “If you forgot to register, don’t worry! You can register until Dec. 20 at www.oda.org, and the CE recordings and Virtual Exhibit Hall are available until Dec. 31.”
Attendees can continue to access all CE courses, the Virtual Exhibit Hall, and special events including a recording of the Cocktail Party, a cocktail demonstration and yoga classes.
So far, some of the most popular CE courses have included:
- “A Dental Team Guide to Recognizing and Understanding Addiction and Supporting Responsible Prescribing Practices,” which meets the new OSDB requirement for mandatory opioid CE for dental hygienist license renewal (2 hours per biennium).
- “Practical Regulatory Compliance for the Ohio Dental Office,” which fulfills the annual exposure control training requirement mandated by the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
- “Antibiotic Prophylaxis, Appropriate Antibiotic Use for Dental Infections and Antibiotic Stewardship,” presented by Dr. Thomas Paumier.
Attendees can continue to visit the Virtual Exhibit Hall through Dec. 31, where they will be able to:
- Browse information about products and services.
- Chat live with a company representative.
- Save money on products and services with show specials.
- Find contact information for sales reps.
- Watch videos highlighting companies, products, and services.
Registration is available for the ODA Virtual Annual Session at www.oda.org. When you register for the ODA Virtual Annual Session, you’ll be able to select individual CE courses or purchase a Full Access Pass, which both include free access into our Virtual Exhibit Hall. Not interested in taking a course? Register for free access into our Virtual Exhibit Hall with an exhibits only pass. Our CE courses and Exhibit Hall will be available through Dec. 31, 2020.
“Although we had a great virtual experience, nothing will replace the networking and camaraderie that takes place during the in person meeting,” Bogan said. “I look forward to seeing everyone – in person – at next year’s 155th Annual Session of the Ohio Dental Association from Sept. 30-Oct. 2.”