70+ CE courses, more than 200 vendors, thousands of dental professionals, 1 convenient location
Now that you’ve registered for the 2019 ODA Annual Session, it’s time to plan your trip so you can make the most of your experience! This year’s Annual Session – Connect. Learn. Excel – will be Oct. 3-6 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Connect: Thousands of dental professionals, one convenient location
Thousands of dental professionals attend the ODA Annual Session each year, which makes it a great opportunity for you to connect with others from around the state as well as spend time with your team.
ODA Annual Session features many special events, where you can connect with your team and connect with dental professionals from around the state, including:
- Marketplace Mixer with the Madow Brothers – 4:30-6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 3 in the Exhibit Hall.
- Wine and Dine at Spagio – Thursday, October 3 from 7-10 p.m. Registration required.
- New Dentist Social – Thursday, October 3 from 9-11 p.m. at Denmark. Registration required.
- Morning Yoga – 7-8 a.m. Friday, October 4, and Saturday, October 5. Registration required.
- Sip & Shop – 4-6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4 in the Exhibit Hall.
- Callahan Celebration of Excellence Honoring ODA President, Dr. Michael Halasz – Friday, October 4 from 6:30-11:30 p.m. Registration required.
- The Bash! – 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday, Oct. 4 at Callahan’s rooftop patio.
- Grab a Bite, Grab a Deal! – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5 in the Exhibit Hall.
Learn: 70+ CE courses, one convenient location
The ODA Annual Session features more than 70 CE courses at one convenient location. Courses are offered for the entire dental team as well as specialists.
This year’s top 10 most popular courses are:
- “The Insider’s Guide to Dental Practice Success, Part One!” presented by Richard Madow, DDS and David Madow, DDS on Friday, Oct. 4. Course Code F38.
- “Your Practice through the Patient’s Eyes, It’s Not Just About Dentistry” presented by Laci Phillips on Thursday, Oct. 3. Course Code T30.
- “Oral Pathology for the Practitioner – A Refresher Course” presented by Deepak G. Krishnan, DDS, FACS on Friday, Oct. 4. Course Code F55.
- “The Pankey Experience: Change Your Thinking … Change Your Hygiene Appointment” presented by Sheri Kay, RDH, BS on Thursday, Oct. 3. Course Code T14.
- “Decision Making in Everyday Periodontics” presented by Stephen B. Towns, DDS on Friday, Oct. 4. Course Code F43.
- “The Pankey Experience: The 3 Keys to Case Acceptance: Everyone Wants to Say ‘Yes!’”presented by Mark Kleive, DDS on Friday, Oct. 4. Course Code F39.
- “The Pankey Experience: Today’s Top Clinical Tips” presented by Lee Ann Brady, DMD on Thursday, Oct. 3. Course Code T12.
- “The Pankey Experience: The Hygienist as a Restorative Partner in Your Practice” presented by Sheri Kay, RDH, BS on Thursday, Oct. 3. Course Code T24.
- “The Insider’s Guide to Dental Practice Success, Part Two!” presented by Richard Madow, DDS and David Madow, DDS on Friday, Oct. 4. Course Code F52.
- “The Pankey Experience: Occlusion in Everyday Dentistry” presented by Lee Ann Brady, DMD on Friday, Oct. 4. Course Code F37.
Many courses are filling fast and have limited spaces, so be sure to reserve your spot ASAP.
Excel: 200+ vendors, one convenient location
The ODA Annual Session is also home to the largest Exhibit Hall in the area with more than 200 companies showcasing their products and services. It’s a great place to try out new products and comparison shop.
You’ll also have an opportunity to speak directly with sales reps and shop exclusive show specials.
This year’s Exhibit Hall will once again feature the popular Fireside Chats, featuring nationally known speakers in an intimate, interactive program designed to encourage open discussion between the speaker and individual audience members. Fireside Chats are designed for a small audience and are free to attend. Registration is required.
While you’re in the Exhibit Hall, be sure to stop by the ODA Membership Booth to relax and regroup with cell phone charging stations and comfortable seating. Get information on all ODA programs, products and services from helpful representatives of the ODA’s subsidiary, ODASC.
For full details, including a list of exhibitors, a map of the show floor and show specials plus a schedule for Fireside Chats, click here.
Plan your trip
Save the date on your calendar: Oct. 3-6 in Columbus. This year, there will be NO events in the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Most activities will take place in the Greater Columbus Convention Center and the Hilton Columbus Downtown. Book a room in the ODA’s hotel block at the Hilton by visiting https://aws.passkey.com/go/ODA19.
Download the ODA Annual Session app before the event to access your own personalized schedule, course handouts and much more. Search for “ODA Annual Session” on your favorite app store.
Columbus was listed as one of the 52 best places to visit in 2019 by the New York Times. From the many local restaurants to shopping at Easton Town Center or exploring German Village to visiting the Columbus Zoo, you won’t be disappointed by all Columbus has to offer.
Columbus has many exciting events taking place during this year’s ODA Annual Session:
- The Black Keys: Let’s Rock Tour will be at the Nationwide Arena on Wednesday, Oct. 2. The ODA has reserved a special block of tickets for Annual Session attendees – call us for more details at (800) 282-1526.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets opening night is Friday, Oct. 4 at Nationwide Arena. Get tickets at https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets.
- The Ohio State University Homecoming festivities will take place Sept. 29-Oct. 5. For full details, visit https://homecoming.osu.edu/.
In addition to these special events, going out to dinner with your staff can be a great team building activity, and there are many restaurants within walking distance of the convention center. Be sure to make restaurant reservations early as spots may fill up quickly.
For more details on activities in Columbus, visit www.experiencecolumbus.com.
Registration is also available on-site, but prices go up so be sure to register by Oct. 2.