ODA Virtual Annual Session launching Sept. 24
Registration for the 2020 ODA Virtual Annual Session is now available! The ODA Virtual Annual Session provides an affordable, convenient way for you and your team to get up to 28 hours of CE through 13 courses.
The ODA Virtual Annual Session will launch on Sept. 24 and will include online CE courses, a Virtual Exhibit Hall, games and social opportunities.
“We’re trying to create that experience that we have in person at Annual Session virtually,” said Dr. Kyle Bogan, 2020 Annual Session general chair. “I really think the experience of Annual Session – seeing your colleagues, seeing your friends, walking through the exhibit floor together – those are really the big things that I think we’re going to miss. But we’ve done a great job of trying to create that atmosphere virtually. So you’ll find in the virtual meeting that you’ll be able to interact with one another. You’ll be able to take CE courses, you’ll be able to interact with our vendors. I really encourage you to make the best of this year.”
CE course topics at the ODA Virtual Annual Session will include human resources best practices, antibiotic prescribing, restorative dentistry, conservative dentistry, marketing in light of COVID-19, and thriving amid COVID-19.
Additionally, the ODA Virtual Annual Session is offering several CE courses to help dentists and staff meet regulatory requirements:
- An opioid course that meets the new OSDB requirement for mandatory opioid CE for dental hygienist license renewal.
- A two-hour radiography review course required by the OSDB for dental assistant radiographers.
- A medical emergencies course to meet the requirement for dental hygienists, expanded function dental auxiliaries, and dental assistants to practice under general supervision.
- A course that fulfills the annual exposure control training requirement mandated by the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
In addition to online CE, our Virtual Exhibit Hall will be “live” from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 24 and 25, where you’ll have an opportunity to chat live with company representatives. Outside of those hours, you’ll also be able to contact them at any time using the email address listed in their profile.
In our Virtual Exhibit Hall, you’ll be able to:
- Browse information about products and services.
- Chat live with a company representative
- Save money on products and services with show specials.
- Find contact information for sales reps.
- Watch videos highlighting companies, products, and services
Plus, watch for opportunities to win prizes by playing games throughout the meeting and stay tuned for more details on social activities!
When you register for the ODA Virtual Annual Session, you’ll be able to select individual CE courses or purchase a Full Access Pass, which both include free access into our Virtual Exhibit Hall. Not interested in taking a course? Register for free access into our Virtual Exhibit Hall with an exhibits only pass. Our CE courses and Exhibit Hall will be available through Dec. 31, 2020.
For full details and to register, click here.