Bring your team to the 2018 ODA Annual Session!
ODA Annual Session provides many opportunities for the entire dental team – from team building courses to courses aimed at each member of the team, to fun events and a chance to enjoy time with staff outside of the office, Annual Session has a lot to offer teams.
“We have been attending continuing education meetings with our staff for as long as I’ve been in private practice (36 years now),” said Dr. Keith Hoover, a dentist in Hudson. “We have attended ADA, ODA, CDS Mid-Winter, Hinman and Academy of General Dentistry meetings over the years. While the value of taking courses to keep up to date with the latest technology, materials and techniques is certainly important, to me, the most important thing about going to the meetings together is the camaraderie it fosters. We get to interact outside of the office at meetings. We travel together. We go out to dinners together. It is a different dynamic than our everyday interactions at the dental office. It sparks a true team feeling, and I value that very much.”
This year’s Annual Session – More Engagement = More Achievement – will be Sept. 13-16 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Increase your knowledge in CE courses
The 2018 ODA Annual Session has many courses ideal for attending as a team.
“It is great to see our staff is working to better themselves to better serve our patients,” said Dr. Matthew Hiener, a dentist in Marietta. “Everyone is friendly and informational.”
Courses to attend together as a team include:
- “New Game. New Rules. New Playbook. Winning Strategies for Increasing Production” presented by Dr. Roger Levin from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 13. Register with Course Code T10.
- “Your Actions Speak Louder Than Words: Ethics Is Truly A Choice” presented by Susan Gunn from 2-5 p.m. Sept. 13. Register with Course Code T29.
- “One Day Dental MBA” presented by Dr. Howard Farran from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 14. Register with Course Code F32.
- “Nutrition News: Updates Affecting Oral and Systemic Health” presented by Betsy Reynolds from 1-5 p.m. Sept. 14. Register with Course Code F52.
- “The Christensen Bottom Line 2018”
presented by Dr. Gordon Christensen from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sept. 15. Register with Course Code S63.
- “Affordable Solutions to Operative Problems” presented by Dr. Thomas Paumier from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Sept. 15. Register with Course Code S73.
- “The New Patient Experience: It’s Not Just an Appointment Anymore” presented by Kay Capuano from 2-4 p.m. Sept. 15. Register with Course Code S76.
- “The Myths and Realities of Regulatory Compliance for Ohio Dental Practices: OSHA Training and Then Some!” presented by Christopher Moore from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 16. Register with Course Code Y81.
Find full details on these and other courses to take as a team by clicking here. Plus find details about courses aimed at each member of the dental team.
“As our offices continues to grow, our doctors feel it’s important to continue our tradition of attending Annual Session as a way to show our support for lifelong learning and its importance in maintaining our high level of quality care,” said Jessica Salisbury, hygienist and chief operations officer at a practice in Grove City. “Following Annual Session we use our department meetings to share what we have learned from the courses and what we can potentially incorporate back into our everyday practice.”
Find great products in the Exhibit Hall
Hiener said seeing new products in the Exhibit Hall is one of the things he’s looking most forward to at this year’s Annual Session.
“In my role as chief operations officer, I look forward to meeting with vendors in the marketplace and exploring new technology and products,” she said.
The Exhibit Hall at ODA Annual Session offers attendees the chance to meet with over 200 vendors and look at the latest technology and products. Dentists and staff can speak directly with sales reps to get questions answered and try out products and comparison shop before buying.
This year’s Exhibit Hall will feature a Knowledge Bar, where dentists and staff can meet with company representatives in a non-sales environment to get hands-on experience with technologies and compare products.
Knowledge Bar Schedule:
- Digital Marketing and Patient Scheduling Products – Thursday, Sept. 13 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- High Tech – 3D Printers & Scanners – Friday, Sept. 14 from 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- ODASC Product Showcase – 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Plus, many exhibitors offer discounts exclusive to Annual Session attendees. For a list of vendors, booth locations and show specials, click here.
Have fun as a team!
Annual Session also offers an opportunity for teambuilding outside of the office.
“Attending ODA Annual Session has become a tradition in our practice, one that the staff looks forward to each year,” Salisbury said. “We close the office on that Friday and support the staff in attending a CE course that morning. We book a venue for lunch months in advance that will hold us all and make a day of it. It is one of the few times other than our holiday party that the staff is all together!”
Many staffs enjoy getting lunch or dinner together at a local restaurant or going out for a drink at a nearby bar. For details on restaurants near the convention center and other fun activities nearby, visit experiencecolumbus.com.
And be sure to check out The Bash! on Friday, Sept. 14 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Callahan’s rooftop patio. Located just around the corner from the convention center, this event is always a team favorite – plus it’s free with registration!
Register now for 2018 ODA Annual Session
Offices who register three staff members on one registration form will get the fourth staff registration free. Register online by clicking here.
“In answering your questions, I reflect on how fortunate I am to work with doctors that continue the tradition of continuing education at ODA Annual Session and team building,” Salisbury said. “It is a significant financial investment to close the office for the day, but the gain in group morale, team unity and an increase in knowledge continues to be the priority at our practice.”