2020 virtual ODA Annual Session will be affordable, convenient and relevant to your dental practice
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ODA Annual Session Committee has decided to host a virtual meeting in 2020!
The 2020 virtual ODA Annual Session will include a series of online CE courses for dentists and staff, a virtual Exhibit Hall, social connections and games.
Virtual Annual Session will launch Sept. 24, and will provide enhanced opportunities for you to connect with exhibitors, speakers and other attendees, as well as win prizes! Online CE and our virtual Exhibit Hall will remain available through the end of the year. With this online format, you’ll be able to watch the CE online whenever is most convenient for you and you’ll be able to re-watch it as many times as you would like.
The ODA Annual Session Committee continues to finalize our full list of online course offerings, but courses that will be offered include:
- “A Dental Team Guide to Recognizing and Understanding Addiction and Supporting Responsible Prescribing Practices” presented by Mark Wenzel, DDS, and Nelson Heise, MA, MS, PCC-S, LICDC-CS, featuring 2020 ODA President Dr. Sharon Parsons and OSDB President Dr. Kumar Subramanian. This course will meet the new OSDB requirement for mandatory opioid CE for dental hygienist license renewal.
- “A Dentist’s Guide to Human Resources Best Practices” presented by Adrienne Twigg.
- “Practical Regulatory Compliance for the Ohio Dental Office” presented by Chris Moore, ODA director of Dental Services. This course will meet OSHA’s annual exposure control training requirement.
- “Conservative Dentistry Using Direct Composites” presented by Dr. Tom Paumier.
- “Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office” presented by Deepak G. Krishnan, DDS, FACS
- “The 5 Key Steps to Get Your Dental Thriving Again in the COVID Environment” presented by Kirk Behrendt.
- “Breathing-Smiling-Chewing: Restorative Dentistry in the 21st century” presented by Dr. Gary DeWood.
- “10 Positive Elements of Change after Shutdown” presented by Linda Marek.
- “Dental Practice Marketing During, After and Beyond COVID-19” presented by Whiteboard Marketing.
The ODA Annual Session Committee is working to pick courses with information relevant to your practice, particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. A full course listing will be available later this month.
The virtual Exhibit Hall will feature “booths” for our vendors, where you will find contact information, a list of products and services offered, and features such as the ability to chat live with a company representative, show specials and literature. Exhibitors will have representatives available during certain hours after the show launches on Sept. 24, and you can also contact them at any time using the email address listed in their profile. Chat with a sales rep when it’s most convenient to you!
At the Virtual Annual Session, attendees will also have the opportunity to play games, where they complete certain tasks for a chance to win great prizes. Watch the Welcome Message, view a CE course, visit Exhibitor booths, and view various aspects of the meeting to earn points – and be sure to check the Leader Board to see how your score adds up. Prizes include gift cards, free registration to the 2021 ODA Annual Session and more.
And while we can’t meet in person this year, attendees will still be able to connect with friends at the meeting through chat features and other social events.
The virtual Annual Session is an affordable way to get relevant CE when it’s convenient to you. You’ll be able to save money by purchasing our entire package of courses, or buy just the courses that are most relevant to you. Full details on pricing will be available later this month.
Registration and full details about the virtual ODA Annual Session are available by clicking here.