To contact your legislator, visit the ODA’s Engage website. On the Engage site, you will be able to find information and calls to action on current ODA issues, plus look up your elected officials.
When contacting your legislators it is important to:
- Let them know you are a constituent and a member of the ODA.
- Discuss ODA legislative priorities.
- Thank them for their time and support.
- Let them know that you are happy to help at any time they have questions about dentistry.
Be sure not to:
- Discuss any legislation not included in the ODA legislative agenda.
- Pledge any funds or future support.
- Imply that ODPAC support of the legislator’s campaign is contingent upon his/her support of ODA issues.
- Criticize any state agency.