News & Events
ODA Annual Session offers something for everyone, and there's still time to register
by ODA Staff
The Exhibit Hall at Annual Session is a great place to shop for and compare products in one place. The ODA will again offer an Exhibits Only Pass for Saturday, Sept. 13. Any dentist or staff member can register for no fee to visit the Exhibit Hall on Saturday.
The 148th Ohio Dental Association Annual Session – ODA Live – is just around the corner, but there's still plenty of time to register.
Annual Session will take place Sept. 11-14 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Registration is available online throughout the event at www.oda.org/events and onsite.
The Exhibit Hall, a highlight of the event, will feature more than 200 booths, with knowledgeable sales reps who can answer questions and demonstrate products. It’s also a great way to shop for and compare products all in one place.
The ODA will again offer an Exhibits Only Pass for Saturday, Sept. 13. Any dentist or staff member can register for no fee to visit the Exhibit Hall on Saturday. Register in advance at www.oda.org/events, or register onsite.
Annual Session also will feature nationally known speakers for the entire dental team. Speakers will cover a wide variety of topics, from laser dentistry and restorative techniques to practice management and regulatory compliance, aimed at dentists, specialists, hygienists, dental assistants, EFDAs and office staff.
Some of this year’s top speakers include Dr. Gordon Christensen, Dr. Ron Kaminer, Dr. Brian Novy, Dr. John Comisi, Dr. Howard Glazer and Dr. Maura Gillison. Check out a full listing of courses and speakers at www.oda.org/events.
The ODA Annual Session also will feature several special events, where attendees can catch up with old friends and meet new colleagues from across the state:
- The Bash! at Callahan’s rooftop patio on Friday, Sept. 12 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Attendees are sure to enjoy a fun time with good friends and no cover charge. Callahan’s is located on Park Street in the Arena District, within walking distance of the Convention Center. No registration is required.
- The New Dentist Reception at Bar Louie on Thursday, Sept. 11 from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. This event offers dentists in practice for 10 years or less a chance to meet and mingle with contemporaries. Register with code E93.
- The Women Dentists Luncheon on Thursday, Sept. 11 from noon to 2 p.m. This event gives female dentists the opportunity to network and socialize; ODA leaders will serve as table captains to initiate introductions and conversations. Register with code E92.
Onsite registration is available from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 11; from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 12; from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13; and from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 14.
Onsite registration is slightly more expensive than in past years, so attendees are encouraged to plan ahead and register in advance. Attendees can avoid paying the additional fee by registering online at www.oda.org/events by midnight Wednesday, Sept. 10.
If registering onsite, attendees should arrive at the registration desk at least one hour before the first course they plan to attend to make sure they have time to complete the registration before the course begins. The ODA also recommends that attendees have several back-up courses picked out because popular courses tend to fill up quickly.
Attendees should also note that available course materials will be posted online at www.oda.org/events and should be printed or downloaded before the course. Attendees will need their registration number to access the materials.
To register, learn more information, find a list of exhibitors and see a full schedule of courses and special events, visit www.oda.org/events.
Onsite Registration Hours
- Thursday, Sept. 11: 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 12: 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 13: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 14: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.