Awarded scholarships will be in the amount of at least $1,500.
- Applicant must be a resident of Ohio.
- Applicant must be entering at least the second year of dental school at an ADA accredited university during Fall 2020.
- Applicant must be a member of ASDA.
Students applying for an ODAF Dental Student Scholarship must:
- Show their current financial status, verified by the school’s financial aid office.
- Provide a completed application with all requested information included. Incomplete, illegible or late applications will not be reviewed.
- Include two letters of recommendation; see section V for information on letter of recommendation requirements.
- Essay portions must be typed and not handwritten.
- Include Curriculum Vitae.
- Completed application must be received by the deadline.
Past scholarship winners, as long as they meet all eligibility requirements, can apply multiple years in a row for the Dental Student Scholarship.
The ODA Foundation also awards several named scholarships including the Darryl Dever Advocacy Scholarship, Forward Ever Scholarship, and Dr. E. Karl Schneider II Humanitarian Scholarship. The decisions for these awards will be based on the dental student scholarship application. There is no separate application for these special awards.
The completed application and required documentation must be received at the ODA Foundation office by Nov. 4, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Applicants will be notified if they will receive an ODAF scholarship by the end of 2020.
For questions about the scholarship application, eligibility or
requirements, contact the ODA Foundation at 614-486-2700 or