Retiree Medical Insurance
The Ohio Dental Association recognizes the importance of providing quality health insurance to pay the costs Medicare does not cover. As a result, we are pleased to make this Retiree Medical Insurance Plan available to you.
The Retiree Medical Insurance Plan, offered by Ohio Dental Association, is underwritten by Monumental Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA. This plan is offered to all retirees and spouses, however if you are covered by other insurance, you may need to evaluate the coverage under each plan to determine which is the best for you.
This plan is designed to help pay the costs that Medicare does not cover. It pays many of the co-insurance amounts (such as the Medicare Part A deductible), reducing your out-of-pocket expenses.
When you select the Retiree Medical Plan, you can be assured of:
- Freedom of Choice. You have the freedom to choose your own doctors, hospital or clinic anywhere in the United States.
- Guaranteed Acceptance. You are guaranteed coverage regardless of your present or past health condition if you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B.
- Pre-Existing Conditions Credit Given For Prior Coverage. If you were insured for six months or more by another carrier immediately before enrollment in the Retiree Medical Insurance Plan, there is no pre-existing conditions exclusion if satisfied for similar benefits under the replaced coverage. For retirees who enroll after first becoming eligible for the Retiree Medical Insurance Plan and who did not have medical insurance coverage during the six-month period preceding enrollment in the Retiree Medical Insurance Plan, you will be subject to the pre-existing conditions exclusion. A pre-existing condition is any condition for which you were treated within the six-month period before enrollment. These conditions will be excluded from coverage for a period of six consecutive months after enrollment.
Medicare (Part D) prescription drug insurance
Many say the difficulty in navigating the new Part D benefit lies in finding out if your particular plan covers the medication you need. Fortunately, we have a new service that can help.
Transamerica’s Part D Choice agents will ask you:
- Your pharmacy of choice.
- A list of your medications, quantities and dosages.
- About your preference for lowest monthly cost, lowest out-of-pocket cost, no deductible plan, etc.
You will then receive pricing for the plans, information on covered drugs, and enrollment assistance.
ODASC representatives can direct you to experts with the tools needed to provide you with more information, plan comparisons and rates. Please call ODASC at (800) 282-1526.
Contact your ODASC representative by calling (800) 282-1526 or emailing email@example.com.