ODA Foundation: Advancing Oral Health in Ohio Donate Now
The Ohio Dental Association Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the ODA, committed to a mission of improving the oral health of the citizens of Ohio and enhancing the dental profession in the state. Your support helps us continue to make a difference by funding grants and scholarships.
How We Make a Difference
The ODA Foundation has awarded nearly $745,000 in grants and scholarships since 1995. Through grants and scholarships, the ODA Foundation helps defray the cost of dental education for future dentists and addresses the access to care issue in Ohio by supporting community oral health programs and increasing oral health literacy for vulnerable populations.
A volunteer dentist from the W.D. Miller Dental Society provides emergency dental care to an area resident in need at the Look Up Clinic in Newark.
In 2013, 32 scholarships were given to dental students and auxiliaries and 11 grants were awarded. These programs listed below have collectively helped hundreds of Ohioans in need.
- Stark County Dental Society’s Vision for Veteran Dental Care program
- The Dental Center of Northwest Ohio’s Operation Open Wide program
- Cincinnati Dental Society’s Leave No Vet Behind Program, Phase II
- Look up Dental Clinic in Newark
- KidSmiles Pediatric Dental Clinic in Columbus
- Monday Night Free Clinic in Columbus
Grants were also awarded from ODAF’s designated funds:
- The Bob & Peg Hinkle Family Fund awarded funds to the Columbus Dental Society to purchase a surgical drill for the Monday Night Free Clinic.
- The Dr. John Harris Fund gave a grant to the Bainbridge Historical Society, which houses the Dr. John Harris Dental Museum.
- The Ohio Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Fund gave grants to three Ohio oral and maxillofacial dental residency programs.
For more information about the grants and scholarships awarded in 2013, see the 2013 ODA Foundation Annual Report.
The annual ODA Foundation raffle is one of the primary sources of funding for grants and scholarships. Click here to learn more about the raffle and how to purchase a ticket.
Plan ahead for memorial contributions
Advise your loved ones that when it is time, you would like your obituary to include that contributions can be made to the ODA Foundation in your honor. Donations can be sent to the ODA Foundation, 1370 Dublin Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43215 or by calling the ODAF at (614) 486-2700. Donations can also be made securely online. The family is informed by letter of all donations, and all in-recognition of donors are listed online here and in the following year's Annual Report.